Bulk Cargo and Liquid
Bulk cargoes can be valued in the $100’s $1000,s or $10,000,s per tonne. Loss control is often an important part of or work. Windage, spillage, cargo overcarry, grab leakage are all possible causes of cargo loss.
The other loss factors can be from contamination, sea water, mineral or leaking equipment, or rust scale, loose paint. C&G are employed by a number of national and international customers, for loss control purposes, and also to protect interests.
….that Christy and Griffin are currently involved with:
- Coal – quantity determination, and trimming
- Concentrates (copper, zinc, gold) – quantity determination, hold condition, trimming
- Wheat, Canola, Barley, Chick Peas – Hold cleanliness, hold cleaning supervision, Loading, AMSA (IMO) Stability, load planning, draft survey, loading, superintending, National Food Agencies representation. Fumigation integrity,
- Soda Ash, Sodium Sulphate – Stock and loss control, superintending
- Scrap – Vessel condition, draft survey
- Lump Coke – Vessel condition, draft survey, trimming
- Fertilizers – Draft survey, hold condition, Gas Free
- Gypsum – Draft Survey
- Iron Ore – Draft Survey, liquifaction determinations
- Soya Meal – Draft Survey, loss control
- Woodchip – Draft survey, load planning
- Pig Iron – Draft Survey, cargo sizing,
- Granulated Slag – Draft Survey
- Cement and Cement Clinker – Draft survey, pollution control
- Alumina – Hold cleanliness, draft survey
- Silica Sand, Zircon and Rutile – Hold cleanliness, pre inspections
- Sugar – Pre inspections.
- Marine Heavy Fuel Oil – Cargo quantity determination, ship-shore interface, sampling, stocktakes of reception facilities
- Diesel oils – cargo quantity determination, flash point determination, ship-shore interface, sampling, stocktakes of reception facilities
- Ethanol -Cargo quantity determination, ship-shore interface, sampling, stocktakes of reception facilities
- Bulk Sulphuric Acid – Cargo quantity determination, ship-shore interface, sampling, stocktakes of reception facilities, tank condition.
- Palm Oil – Cargo quantity determination
- Tar – Cargo quantity determination, anti (air) pollution control.